Friday, August 10, 2007

PoPo

Decided to visit my granny before I leave so my family dragged ourselves down to Kota Tinggi today. Wasn't too bad a trip, the entire journey to and fro was only about three hours unlike the usual 7-8 hour CNY trip so it was still bearable. But of course all this becomes worth it when I watch my granny beam in delight when we appeared at her doorstep.

We didn't stay for a very long time, a couple of hours or so, and we didn't do much either, just sat at the living room and chatted about the maid, school, the pains in her leg, her visits to the doctor and such. I was originally quite worried about her health when she told me she had difficulties walking but she looks in a better shape than I expected, thank God for that.

And it's so sweet of her to give me $200 for my trip because she's not normally the most generous person in the world, and frankly speaking $200 means so much to her for some reason, even though her sons are all pretty successful and she really doesn't need to scrimp or anything.

I know my granny is not the kindest soul in the world, but she really loves me a lot for some reason and I love her too. Hope she will be well!

No comments: